Winding paved roads, stately live oaks and grazing horses in green pastures welcome you to Preservation Ranch. Featuring some of the highest elevations in Travis County, stunning panoramas open to display miles of Texas Hill Country grandeur. Dramatic terrain creates ridgelines which coax cool canyon breezes, carrying the soothing, fresh aromas of juniper under warm sunshine. This Hill Country hamlet captivates and charms the senses. A canyon directs Bee Creek through the property, headed towards Lake Travis, which can seen between rolling hills and across the winding thread of Texas Highway 71. To the southwest is the Pedernales River, and Hamilton Pool. Welcome to the enchantment and allure of Preservation Ranch.
The Texas Hill Country’s dramatic topography and generous water resources have created one of the most unique and beautiful areas of the US. Though cherished by locals for years, the Hill Country has become a national treasure with an assortment of attractions and a broad appeal.
Just a few miles west of the Austin bustle lies a lively but more genteel community set around the Highland Lakes and nature preserves. Providing that serene far away feeling, you also have the advantages of nearby amenities.
The dramatic topography of Preservation Ranch allows wide open views from hilltops visited by cool thermal breezes. The land has been substantially cleared of cedars, allowing luscious grasslands to spread between plentiful native hardwoods. Bee Creek runs throughout the western half of the property, with swimming holes and waterfalls along its path. A spring-fed pond has provided a dependable source of water for cattle and wild game.
- Access off Hamilton Pool Rd on Madrone Ranch Trail
- High Game Fencing approximately 5.5 miles around ranch perimeter
- Over a mile of paved roadway, with additional off-road tracks throughout the property
- Home to one of the largest Madrone trees in the state
- 2 deep Trinity Aquifer wells, plus Travis County water service to homes, stables, pastures
- Underground electric and cable service to structures on the property
Showcasing the rugged beauty of native limestone and wood, the colossal Preservation Ranch Horse Stable is not only commanding and beautiful, but it is the hub of Ranch operations. Purposefully designed and appointed to be an ideal equine environment, it also includes ample storage, a large workshop, and multi-vehicle garage.
Inviting breezeway crisscross the building allowing easy equipment access and seasonal comfort for animals and caretakers. A lovely ranch manager’s garret home is strategically situated above to observe both indoor and outdoor activity. Abundant water access points, easy operation stall doors, convenient tack room and voluminous hay storage reveal the intersection of beauty, quality, and function, in this established, working-ranch environment.
- 10 horse stalls each with outdoor run, plus a single foaling stall with additional space
- Veterinary horse stock for ranch calls and a 2 equine wash rack with ties
- 5 bay maintenance garage equipped with hydraulic vehicle lift, plus a separate air-conditioned machine shop with 2 bays
- Intentionally designed hay, feed, and tack storage rooms optimized for functionality
- Air-conditioned break room with kitchen and full bathroom
- Ranch manager’s two-bedroom home positioned in the upper level of the stable building
The main Ranch house is the epitome of gracious living and entertaining. Set high on the bluff above Bee Creek, it features graceful open living areas lined with windows and doors that invite the outdoors in.
- Single story
- 3 bed, 2.5 bath
- Multiple living areas across open floor plan
- Reclaimed Burmese Teak floors
- Venetian plaster walls
- Cedar ceilings, supports and stone gathered on property
Built ‘in the round’, the teak floors resemble a wagon wheel, a great cylindrical column houses the fireplace & hearth, and expansive timbers radiate out as ceiling beams. The three-floor structure is guest home on the ground floor, large circular office on the second floor and observatory with a retractable roof on the third.
- Three stories
- 1 bed, 1.5 bath
- Reclaimed Teak floors and locally gleaned materials
- Full guest living quarters with kitchen
- Circular office with windows all around
- Observatory with retractable roof and upper deck patio
Positioned for additional privacy, the Ranch’s second residence is a welcoming abode with large covered porches and an easy charm, situated a short distance from the other structures. Open design, vaulted ceilings, and inviting materials create a spacious environment which begs you to relax and stay awhile.
- Single story
- 2 bed, 2 bath
- Open floor plan
- Large, spa-style master bath
- Expansive covered porch with outdoor fireplace
- Venetian plaster walls and gathered materials used similarly to other structures.
THE INFORMATION SET FORTH IN THIS BROCHURE IS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES ONLY AND CONSTITUTES AN ADVERTISEMENT. ALL INFORMATION SET FORTH IN THIS BROCHURE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ANY PARTY OR POTENTIAL PURCHASER. SELLER AND SELLER’S REAL ESTATE BROKER AND SALES PERSONS HAVE NOT MADE AND DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO THE PHYSICAL CONDITION OR FEATURES OF THE PROPERTY OR THE SURROUNDING LOCATIONS AND ANY PARTY, UPON READING THIS BROCHURE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM, UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT THEY HAVE BEEN AFFORDED AN ADEQUATE OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT AND EVALUATE THE PROPERTY AND TO VERIFY AND INVESTIGATE ANY INFORMATION SET FORTH IN THIS ADVERTISEMENT. SELLER, SELLER’S REAL ESTATE BROKER AND SALES AGENTS HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE, OF, AS TO, OR CONCERNING ANY AND ALL MATTERS CONCERNING THIS PROPERTY. BY REVIEWING THIS BROCHURE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM ANY AND ALL PARTIES AGREE THAT THEY HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY INFORMATION STATED HEREIN AND UNDERSTAND THAT THIS INFORMATION IS BEING PROVIDED FOR MARKETING AND ADVERTISING ONLY AND IS NOT DEEMED TO BE RELIABLE. ALL PARTIES ARE ADVISED TO OBTAIN INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION OF INFORMATION SET FORTH HEREIN AND TO OBTAIN INDEPENDENT INSPECTIONS OF THE PROPERTY.